Therapy for Fever
Fever refers to a condition in which the body temperature exceeds the normal range of 36.2 -37.2 Degree. According to traditional Chinese medicine, fever can be caused by external contraction or internal injury. Those with external contraction usually present with symptoms of an exterior syndrome such as high-grade fever, sudden onset, and aversion to cold. Those with internal injury usually present with persistent low-grade fever due to a variety of possible primary diseases. Here, Gua sha therapy is mainly used for fever due to external contraction.
Fengchi(GB20), Dazhui(GV14),Quchi(LI11),Fengmen(BL12),and Waiguan(SJ5). (See Fig.55-56)
For sore throat and cough, combine with Lieque(LU7),Yuji(LU10),and Chize(LU5)
1) Scrape the major points with heavy pressure,2-3 lines for each point until red spots or petechia appear.
2) Combine other points on the basis of specific symptoms untill Sha marks appear.
3) The practitioner can also scrape from the cervical area to L4, and scrape Quchi(LI11) and the elbow area.
1) Since fever can be caused by compilicated factors, the practitioner should be clear about the specific reason before commencing Gua sha therapy.
2) Those with a persistent high-grade fever need to go to hospital for comprehensive measures.
3) Ask the patient to supplement water before and after gua sha, keep warm and take rest to avoid wind-cold after gua sha is complete.
Asthma brief introduction for gua sha buffalo horn gua sha tools chinese gua sha common cold Common gua sha methods common gua sha point cough fever gua sha gua sha medium gua sha method gua sha methods gua sha oil gua sha point gua sha points gua sha position gua sha procedures gua sha scraping method gua sha therapy gua sha tools holding method gua sha tools material gua sha tools type gua sha treatment gua sha video headache head gua sha point holographic gua sha holographic gua sha instruction Hypertension indications Insomnia jade gua sha tools meridian meridian point ox horn gua sha tools precautions for gua sha punctiform scraping radiated scraping scope of gua sha Special gua sha methods straight line scraping sunstroke theory for holographic scraping therapy what is gua sha